At the Spinal and Sports Care Clinic, our Massage Therapists have extensive experience and clinical training and they utilize their expert healing touch with many techniques. These include:
• Swedish Massage. . . The most common type of massage, this is a gentle relaxing massage using long strokes and kneading on more superficial layers of muscles, combined with active and passive massage of the joints. Used primarily for full-body sessions, promotes general relaxation, improvement in blood circulation and range of motion, and relieves muscle tension.
• Deep Tissue Massage. . . Releases chronic tension patterns through slow strokes and finger pressure on the contracted areas. This type of massage is not suggested for the early stage of an injury, but can be effective for those who have chronic pain. It is called “Deep Tissue” because the focus of the massage is on the underlying tissues that have a build up of toxins and lack oxygen and nutrients. The deep work facilitates the release of the stored toxins and allows the proper flow of oxygen and vital nutrients. This is an excellent treatment approach for auto accidents and work injuries.
• Shiatsu & Acupressure. . . Systems of finger-pressure massage based on Oriental health concepts, which treat special points along “meridians,” the invisible channels of energy flowing through the body. Energy blocked along these meridians can cause physical discomfort, so the aim is to clear the blockage and re-balance energy flow. They can be used for the full body or for special areas of the body.
• Sports Massage. . . Targets individual muscle groups for injury repair and sports enhancement. Improves the range of motion and muscle flexibility, resulting in improved power and performance. Can also reduce the chance of injury by relieving stress points in muscles before they result in restrictions or spasm. When an injury does occur, the sports massage therapist joins the entire healthcare team in helping the athlete recover.
• Pregnancy Massage. . . A lovely way to pamper mommies-to-be. Pregnancy massage not only releases tension from aching muscles, it increases endorphins (the “feel good” hormone) for mom and baby. Massage also stimulates circulation, decreasing swelling and bringing energy-producing nutrients to your cells while carrying away metabolic waste products that can make you feel tired and listless.
• Reflexology . . .A unique method of using the thumb and fingers on reflex areas in the feet and hands. These reflex areas correspond to all of the glands, organs and parts of the body. Reflexology relieves stress and tension, and improves blood supply and promotes the unblocking of nerve impulses. Reflexology can be integrated with a traditional massage session.
• Hot Stone Massage. . .Heated, smooth stones are used to warm and relax the muscles, improving circulation and calming the nervous system. The relaxed muscles allow the therapist to work the muscles without using deep pressure. (Not billable to insurance)
• Aromatherapy. . . Aromatic plant extracts and essential oils are combined with traditional massage techniques to relax, balance and rejuvenate the body.
To Talk to a Doctor or Schedule and Appointment, call
Email us with any Questions
Spinal and Sports Care Clinic
12905 E Sprague Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216-0731