A woman’s body undergoes many changes during pregnancy. The muscles and ligaments of the back and neck come under stress and become increasingly painful. Combined with the awkward positions required to get comfortable sleeping, this adds to the overall fatigue, and stress of pregnancy. Massage effectively and comfortably reduces this pain and stiffness and helps you relax.
Massage also helps increase circulation which helps boost the health of mother and gives her more energy. It also improves drainage of the lymphatic system, which helps improve the immune system.
What to Expect
Using specialized pillows and cushions, you will be comfortably supported in a side-lying or a front-laying position and draped in warm sheets. Our cushions are specially designed to allow pregnant women to comfortably lay face-down with cut-outs for your face, breasts, and your growing belly. Only the body part being worked on is exposed, and only if you are comfortable doing so. The technique and amount of pressure used will be to your comfort and tailored to your needs. Avoid a heavy meal and try not to drink excessive amounts 2 hours before your massage to help you be more comfortable during your session. Don’t be afraid to interrupt your massage to use the restroom.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage include:
- Reduces back pain and sciatica
- Reduce swelling, varicose veins, and leg cramps by increasing circulation
- Better sleep
- Alleviate stress and pain in your joints and muscles
- Reduces tension, fatigue, and headaches
- Helps to combat stress and promotes relaxation by decreasing stress hormones
- Helps prepare the body for delivery by loosening the pelvis and reducing tension
- Enhances self-esteem and provides emotional support
- Helps manage digestive complaints: constipation, gas, nausea, and indigestion
Make your pregnancy more enjoyable with a pregnancy massage!
To Talk to a Doctor or Schedule and Appointment, call
Email us with any Questions
Spinal and Sports Care Clinic
12905 E Sprague Ave.
Spokane Valley, WA 99216-0731