Make your pregnancy more enjoyable with a pregnancy massage!
At the Spinal & Sports Care Clinic, we have several Massage Therapists that specialize in Pregnancy Massage to help you through some of the discomforts associated with pregnancy. Many of our patients enjoy both chiropractic care and massage therapy during their pregnancy to increase and re-enforce the benefits of their treatment.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage Include:
- Reduces back pain and Sciatica
- Reduce swelling, varicose veins, and leg cramps by increasing circulation
- Improves sleep, Reduces fatigue
- Alleviates stress, tension, and pain in your joints, muscles, and nerves
- Reduces tension and headaches
- Combat stress and promote relaxation by decreasing stress hormones
- Helps prepare the body for delivery by loosening the pelvic muscles and reducing tension
- Enhances self-esteem and provides emotional support
- Helps manage digestive complaints: constipation, gas, nausea, and indigestion
What to Expect
Using specialized pillows and cushions, you will be comfortably supported in a side-lying or a front-laying position and draped in warm sheets. Our cushions are specially designed to allow pregnant women to comfortably lay face-down with cut-outs for your face, breasts, and your growing belly. Only the body part being worked on is exposed, and only if you are comfortable doing so. The technique and amount of pressure used will be to your comfort and tailored to your needs. Avoid a heavy meal and try not to drink excessive amounts 2 hours before your massage to help you be more comfortable during your session. Do not be afraid to interrupt your massage to use the restroom.